The campsite: backstage

Hi, I'm Judith and I've been working for the campsite all year round for 4 years now. Today I will reveal what I work on during the campsite's closing time, which is rather long compared to its opening time (mid-May to September).

Before I start, this is what my work space looks like during the campsite's opening time :
This is the left side of reception when you enter. It's where I gave tourist information in my early days, when I was a student and did my Summer job here. I still do this sometimes, but most of the time it will be my younger seasonal colleagues who'll be in charge of informing. My work shifted towards more administrative tasks including bookings and replying to emails and register the arrivals. I love the direct contact with the families.

When the campsite closes, my first job is to empty the reception space and prepare for its winter sleep. I count and register flyers and follow up the consumption (which will help me for my order later in the year), I take down posters, bring back unsold articles (we sell souvenirs, stationary and international newspapers & magazines) and I finish by unplugging the computer to bring it to my winter office. It may seem over the top, but this can take up to a month. That's because, I admit, I like to take a long weekend off after the season. If you are curious to know, what else happens on the campsite during this time, I can interview my colleagues for later blog articles. If so don't forget to ask your questions in comment.

Once I'm settled in my winter working space, I start preparing the new season. It has to be created in the booking system, prices and brochures have to be updated, and there is much more that needs updating. I won't bore you with the details. In addition, I do all the administrative tasks for another campsite we run in the North of Aveyron, called Roc de l'Arche. I'm planning on making an article on it next because it's different from Le Caussanel, but also has attractive features. For now, you can check its website here. And here's a spoiler showing the reception area:

I'm constantly thinking of subjects to blog about (feel free to make suggestions) and make a regular update of the campsite's offical Facebook page in two languages, which you can check out and/or follow here. After the season I will also make time to study our campsite user's opinion about their stay by checking out the satisfaction surveys one by one. Once that's done, I will have a meeting with the campsite's director to see how we can change things to improve their (your!) stay. I will also reply to on line comments on various websites. We are hoping to do this more regularly in stead of waiting to the end of the season, however during Summer welcoming the families takes much of our time.

Of course I do take vacation like any one of you. Except for me, it will never be during Summer. When times are slow, I work on files such as Green Key, different partnerships and recruitment. New projects also take much of my time in Winter, check out the newest here.

So this is, in short, what I do all day. Yes, I also treat bookings, reply to emails and answer the phone and on line chat on a daily Monday to Friday basis. So don't be shy and contact me any time, informing you about the campsite and its region is what I love most!

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés